As concerns over the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) grow, and reported cases of the virus increase worldwide; rest assured our team is actively taking steps to promote the safety of our residents, employees, and the community as a whole.
What is COVID-19?
COVID-19 stands for “Coronavirus Disease 2019”. The disease originated in Wuhan China, and has since rapidly spread across the globe. Symptoms include fever, cough, and shortness of breath. The virus is thought to spread from person to person, through respiratory droplets and possibly contact with infected surfaces.
The virus is highly contagious, and seemingly transmits easily. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) advise preventative measures not only to reduce mortality, but to slow the rate of transmission so that community medical facilities are not overwhelmed.
Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Recommendations
The CDC has a wealth of information available for individuals looking to limit exposure risk to the virus, as well as businesses seeking to protect customers and employees. Some key takeaways are:
- Take Preventative Measures: wash hands frequently and thoroughly, don’t touch your face, exercise cough and sneeze etiquette.
- Practice Social Distancing: limit close proximity gatherings, limit number of people in gatherings.
- Frequent Environmental Cleaning: disinfect high touch points frequently, clean common areas frequently, use disinfecting agents.
View CDC Guidance
We, like most businesses across the country, are incorporating this guidance into our day to day operations as part of our pandemic response plan.
Our team is taking action immediately. Much of the following has already gone into effect.
- Ordering medical grade sanitizing measures during change of occupancy maintenance.
- Increasing office and community center cleaning.
- Temporarily closing the JBER-R indoor playground.
- Temporarily suspending future community center reservations. Reservations currently on the books are currently still being honored, but you may cancel reservations with no penalty.
- Transitioning to online only or one on one move in/move out briefings.
- Increasing employee awareness, training as well as providing resources to ensure employees who are sick do not come to work.
- Temporarily waiving credit card transaction fees for phone payments to discourage walk ins.
What about Maintenance?
Maintenance is currently operating business as usual. This might change should the threat level of COVID-19 increase.
Is that all?
No, we’re taking the threat seriously and planning accordingly. We are actively working with JBER command to ensure our response scales with the established threat level. It is likely that further restrictions, precautions, and policies will be enacted in the near future. Updates and changes will be communicated though our email list and blog.
Sign Up for Email Alerts
View Our 12 March Letter
We ask that you limit visits to our offices; call ahead to discuss concerns. We are actively implementing additional avenues for online communication as well.