JBER Spring Clean week is almost upon us! The week of 29 April is all about removing waste and trash left over from the winter, promoting environmental conservation, and offering extra resources to JBER residents and employees looking to safely dispose of waste.
Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson Spring Clean
The base will be performing clean up of common areas and will offer a number of resources to those looking to beautify the installation. More updates can be found on the JBER website and facebook.
Dumpsters will be deployed in many of our neighborhoods during the week of 29 April (they will be dropped off on 30 April). These are available to assist all residents in individual spring cleaning endeavors. For details on what can be disposed of, please read section 5.3 in the Resident Handbook.
- Cherry Hill – At entrance to open field near bldg. 7003
- New Houston/Sunflower – End of Bullard Ave near bldg. 4079
- Sunflower/Dallas – End of Dallas in Aurora Community Center parking lot
- Silver Run – Near the ball field by bldg. 3774
- Chugach – Near the end of Wilkins Avenue
- Moose Crossing – Near the pump house on Bengel Way
- Dayton and Denali – end of Quesada
- Denali and Denver – on Luke Avenue
- Cottonwood- Near building 1368, off Matanuska Loop
- Kodiak- Near building 1242, off Engineer Drive
- Moose Haven- Near building 147, off Juneau Avenue
- Puffin Park- Near building 511
- Raven Ridge- Near Seventh Street, and building 1446
Hitting the Ground Running…
We are teaming up with ASYMCA to assist in cleaning common areas. During this week, our team and volunteers from ASYMCA will be seen roaming the neighborhoods and picking up trash that has accumulated over the winter.
Grab a friend, grab a neighbor and head on out to assist in the effort. You can register your group and pick up supplies by visiting ASYMCA’s welcome center at 10449 Luke Avenue, JBER-Elmendorf during the week of 23 April.
For every bag your registered group fills and disposes of, the ASYMCA will provide a raffle ticket that enters you into a drawing for cash prizes. For more details, please contact the ASYMCA at (907)552-9622.
First Prize: $1,000
Second Prize: $500
Third Prize: $250