JBER has announced their designated trick or treat hours. During this time, Security Forces will operate their pumpkin patrol to help ensure a safe Halloween for all residents.
Date: 31 October
Time: 6 PM to 8 PM
Location: All Aurora Housing Neighborhoods
A SAFE HALLOWEEN
By the time Halloween rolls around, winter is usually in full swing in Alaska. To stay safe this Halloween be sure to:
- Bundle Up! Wear weather appropriate attire. It will be cold and snow/ice is always a possibility.
- Drive Cautiously. Take it slow through the neighborhoods and be aware of your surroundings. Security Forces has a zero tolerance policy for reckless, distracted, or drunk driving.
- Be Visible. Wear bright colors and carry flashlights.
- Keep the Wildlife at Bay. Many Alaskans use fake pumpkins, as moose are attracted to real ones. If you do put a real pumpkin out, it is only permitted during trick or treat hours.
- Parental Supervision. As always, parents should be a part of the trick or treat experience.
- Safe Candy Handout. Only hand out wrapped candy. Parents should always inspect candy prior to letting children consume any.
- Clear driveways and sidewalks of snow and ice. Should it snow, ensure your driveway is cleared. More information on snow removal responsibilities can be found in our handbook.