Our yard of the month program recognizes those who take exceptional care of their yards.
The contest runs from June to September.
The following must be met for a yard to receive consideration
- Front and back yards mowed, trimmed, and edged.
- Front and back yards fully covered with healthy green grass.
- Front and back yards free of debris and animal waste.
- Planter or landscaped areas free of weeds and debris.
- Sidewalks, driveways, and curbs free of debris.
- Trees and shrubs trimmed and pruned.
- Stored items minimal and tidy.
The majority of nominations are received from neighbors, however you may nominate yourself. Our team may also nominate yards. Once a nomination is received, our team will score the yard based upon the above criteria.
Nominations received after the 25th will be considered for the following month.
Submit a comment online, call, or stop by our office during business hours to place a nomination.
Winners are selected by Aurora Military Housing. Up to 17 yards can be selected monthly across JBER.
Each winner will receive a $100 check and a Yard of the Month sign to place in their yard for the duration of the month.