Our yard of the month program recognizes those who take exceptional care of their yards. We accept nominations from June to September for this monthly award.
The contest runs from June to September.
The following must be met for a yard to receive consideration
- Front and back yards mowed, trimmed, and edged.
- Front and back yards fully covered with healthy green grass.
- Front and back yards free of debris and animal waste.
- Planter or landscaped areas free of weeds and debris.
- Sidewalks, driveways, and curbs free of debris.
- Trees and shrubs trimmed and pruned.
- Stored items minimal and tidy.
The majority of nominations are received from neighbors, however you may nominate yourself. Our staff may also nominate yards. Once a nomination is received, our team will score the yard based upon the above criteria.
Submit a comment online, call, or stop by our office during business hours to place a nomination.
Winners are selected by Aurora Military Housing. Up to 17 yards can be selected monthly across JBER.
Each winner will receive a $100 check and a Yard of the Month sign to place in their yard for the duration of the month.