Over the past 4 years, exterior improvements in Chugach have been budgeted and funded via our capital repair and replacement fund (CRR). While we’ve been impressed with the progress, a lot of work still remains to be done. Due to overall health of the project, we have decided to utilize reinvestment funds to expedite all exterior repairs.
AREAS OF CONCERN
1) Over the past two years we’ve seen a drastic increase in fence and decking related issues.
2) With such a large amount of required exterior work, Chugach presents as the ideal neighborhood to try out more premium exterior improvements, including trex decking and high end metal fencing.
3) Chugach housing has notable ice damning challenges. This is primarily tied to the attics and degrading insulation which allows warm air to seep into the attic, warming and thawing snow on the roof and creating ice.
We intend to update roofing and insulation, fencing, decks, and exterior paint for all homes. Each home is at a different point in the process, however our goal is to complete the majority of these 4 projects for all homes in Chugach by the end of calendar year 2022.
Contractors: JKM General Contractors, LLC (Exterior Painting), AAA Fence, Inc (Metal Fencing with Panels), Criterion General, Inc. (Decks), Northern Roof Systems, LLC (Roof Replacements), Alas-Co General Construction, Inc (Soffit and Attic Insulation).
AMH Point of Contact: AMHProjects@jlproperties.com
- Entry to homes will NOT be required during these projects
- Access to front, back, side yards, as well as roofs and attics will be required.
- Hours: Monday-Saturday, 7 AM to 7 PM.
- Various contractor vehicles and equipment will be present in the neighborhood.
You will receive initial notification (door hangers) for each project/contractor. These door hangers will contain start dates, however contractors will provide additional notice (door hangers) approx. 2 days prior.
Northern Roof Systems, LLC/ Alas-Co General Construction, Inc
Northern Roofing and Alas-co will be removing existing roofing/insulation, re-insulating soffits (the overhang around your house), re-insulating attics, and installing roofing.
Access Required: Roof | Front, Back, Side Yard | Deck
Contractor Requests: Remove all obstructions from the deck, driveway, and yards.
Buildings: 2887, 1891, 1893, 1895, 1897, 1899, 1905
JKM General Contractors, LLC
JKM will be pressure washing then painting the exterior of your home.
Access Required: Front, Back, Side Yard | Deck
Contractor Requests: Remove all obstructions from the deck and yards.
Buildings: 2889, 2891, 2895, 2897, 2899, 2902, 2904, 2906, 2908, 2910, 2883, 2882
Criterion General, Inc
Criterion will be demolishing your old deck then installing new Trex decking.
Access Required: Back, Side Yard | Deck
Contractor Requests: Remove all obstructions from the deck.
Starting November 2021: 2889, 2891, 2895, 2897, 2899
Starting December 2021: 1908, 2902, 1904, 2908, 3898, 3906
TBD: 3892, 3894, 3896, 3902, 3904, 3908, 1891, 1893, 1895, 1897, 1899
AAA Fence, Inc
AAA will be demolishing your old fence then installing new metal fencing.
Access Required: Back, Side Yard
Contractor Requests: Remove all obstructions from the yard. Pets should be kept inside while contractors are working in the yard. There will be a period between demolition and installation where you will not have a fence.
Buildings: 3892, 3894, 3896, 3898, 3902, 3904, 3906, 3908, 2889, 2891, 2895, 2897, 2899, 1891, 1893, 1895, 1897, 1899
Initial Email | 18 October 2021
Details high level project plan and communication strategy.
Notification Door Hanger | 2 Days Prior to Work
Shutoff notifications will be posted to the specific homes impacted, and include dates and times when water will be shut off.