Self Help Center
Self Help Center
Our Self Help Centers maintain an inventory of over 150 unique items, available for free to all residents. Included in these centers are items such as light bulbs, air filters, grass seed, ice melt, child safety products, and rentable tools.
Better Your Home, Save Money
Incidental Expense Assistance
As a renter there are certain things you’re responsible for. Lightbulbs, fertilizer, furnace filters, fire extinguishers, ice melt … these things all add up, chipping away at your expendable income. Whether you’re moving out, moving in, or just living day-to-day, the Self Help Center can help reduce these costs. By offering free items for your home, we hope to make your experience in Alaska a pleasant one.
Information A La Carte
Not sure how to reset a breaker? Want more information on preventing pests? Can’t get your yard to grow? Our home care experts are here to assist you. With frequent publications and hands on training, our Self Help Center staff can help you become a savvy renter and prepare you for home ownership.
1 for 1 Exchange
Many items require a 1 for 1 exchange- simply bring in the old item and swap it out with a new one.
- Seasonal items: grass seed, fertilizer, topsoil, limestone, hose bib covers, traction aid, ice melt
- Tools rentals: carpet shampooers, blacklights, rakes, hoes, shovels, squeegees, and much more
- Child safety resources: cabinet and drawer latches, fire extinguishers, hotel locks, outlet covers
- Minor maintenance resources: electrical cover plates, Zip-Its, sink stoppers, drain hair snares, toilet components, shower components
- Move out ready: ultrasonic blind machine (JBER-E location, walk in), screen repair station, touch up paint (limited variety)
Download full list below.
JBER-Elmendorf Self Help Center
6350 Arctic Warrior Drive
JBER, AK 99506
NEW Hours (Starting 4 February)
Tuesday – Friday: 8:30 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Saturday: 9:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. (closed 12:00 P.M.- 1:00 P.M.)
Sunday & Monday: Closed
Safety Data Sheets