Better Your Home, Save Money
Incidental Expense Assistance
As a renter there are certain things you’re responsible for. Lightbulbs, fertilizer, furnace filters, fire extinguishers, ice melt … these things all add up, chipping away at your expendable income. Whether you’re moving out, moving in, or just living day-to-day, the U-Fix-It can help reduce these costs. By offering free items for your home, we hope to make your experience in Alaska a pleasant one.
Information A La Carte
Not sure how to reset a breaker? Want more information on preventing pests? Can’t get your yard to grow? Our home care experts are here to assist you. With frequent publications and hands on training, our U-Fix-It staff can help you become a savvy renter and prepare you for home ownership.
1 for 1 Exchange
Many items require a 1 for 1 exchange- simply bring in the old item and swap it out with a new one.
- Seasonal items: grass seed, fertilizer, topsoil, limestone, hose bib covers, traction aid, ice melt
- Tools rentals: carpet shampooers, blacklights, rakes, hoes, shovels, squeegees, and much more
- Child safety resources: cabinet and drawer latches, fire extinguishers, hotel locks, outlet covers
- Minor maintenance resources: electrical cover plates, Zip-Its, sink stoppers, drain hair snares, toilet components, shower components
- Move out ready: ultrasonic blind machine (by appointment), screen repair station, touch up paint (limited variety)
Download full list below.
6350 Arctic Warrior Drive
JBER, AK 99506
Tuesday – Friday : 8:30 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. (closed 1:00 P.M. – 1:30 P.M.)
Saturday: 9:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. (closed 12:00 P.M.- 1:00 P.M.)
Sunday & Monday: Closed
338 Hoonah Avenue
JBER-Richardson, AK 99505
Monday – Friday : 8:30 A.M. -5:00 P.M. (closed 1:00 P.M. – 1:30 P.M.)
Saturday & Sunday : Closed