JBER will be completing the second phase of upgrades to D Street and surrounding infrastructure starting on 6 June 2022.
Start Date: 6 June 2022
Estimated Completion: 30 September 2022
Impact: Parts of D Street and Dyea Avenue will be closed to traffic. Vehicles will need to utilize alternate/temporary routes and follow all signage.
Please exercise caution and drive slowly through construction zones and detours.
When navigating the new roundabout, please keep the following in mind:
- Slow down
- When there are multiple lanes, use the left lane for left turns, right lane for right turns, and all lanes to go through unless markings and/or signing indicates otherwise.
- Pedestrians and bicyclists always have the right of way.
- When entering, yield to traffic inside the roundabout.
- Do not pass large trucks. Give them all lanes inside the roundabout.
- If inside a roundabout and an emergency vehicle approaches, clear the roundabout then pull over to let the emergency vehicle pass.
Where can I find updates about JBER projects?
Projects leading to closures or detours, that are managed by the installation (not Aurora) will be detailed on the JBER website.
Projects impacting residents of Aurora housing will be detailed on our website.